CB*MA Afro Hair Academy is delighted to be able to offer this new afro hair course that champions much needed syllabus related to the UK’s diverse & multicultural community & artists who work both on and off screen. Incorporating a module such as ‘Afro and Curly textured hair skills’ into our teaching syllabus, we want to encourage a diverse catalogue of artistic vocabulary and expression for our graduates.
It is important that this course syllabus reflects and represents the multicultural backgrounds of UK actors, students & Makeup artists, thus fostering an environment of inclusivity and consideration.
Your Tutor will be Nicole Iroh, a Session Stylist and Creative Ambassador for the Headmasters Salon Group & the winner of HJI Afro Stylist of the Year Award.
A short summary of course syllabus:
- A brief history of African culture and Hairstyles
- The importance of identifying and understanding the different hair curl patterns
- Product knowledge and best use
- How to wash, detangle and style afro/curly textured hair. Covers finger detangling.
- Hair tools and discussion on hair shrinkage
- Skills – braids, twists, cornrows, extensions, shaping an afro, faux locs, manipulating curls, making clip-ins
- How to stretch and blow-dry curly textured hair
- Learn how to create different textured hair styles
Apply for funding to progress your career
This Course is eligible for the ScreenSkills bursary – click here to find out more. As an example, a complete beginner can receive up to £1,000 towards the training costs and an experienced MUA up to £3,000 – a grant that you don’t have to pay back.
Start Your Journey Today!
To enquire about our Afro Hair Skills course or to book a Live Video call to discuss the course, please fill in the form.
Places are limited & are allocated on a first come first served basis