CB*MA Textured & Curly Hair Skills module is part of our main make up course and we are delighted to be able to offer this new afro hair course that champions much needed skills to the UK’s diverse & multicultural community & artists who work both on and off screen. Incorporating a module such as ‘Afro and Curly textured hair skills’ into our teaching syllabus, at the makeup school London, we want to encourage diverse skills for our make up graduates.
It is important that this course syllabus reflects and represents the multicultural backgrounds of UK actors, students & Makeup artists, thus fostering an environment of inclusivity and consideration.
Your Tutor will be Nicole Iroh, a Session Stylist and Creative Ambassador for the Headmasters Salon Group & the winner of HJI Afro Stylist of the Year Award.
A short summary of course syllabus:
- A brief history of African culture and Hairstyles
- The importance of identifying and understanding the different hair curl patterns
- Product knowledge and best use
- How to wash, detangle and style afro/curly textured hair. Covers finger detangling.
- Hair tools and discussion on hair shrinkage
- Skills – braids, twists, cornrows, extensions, shaping an afro, faux locs, manipulating curls, making clip-ins
- How to stretch and blow-dry curly textured hair
- Learn how to create different textured hair styles
Apply for funding to progress your career
Start Your Journey Today!
To enquire about our Afro Hair Skills course or to book a Live Video call to discuss the course, please fill in the form.
Places are limited & are allocated on a first come first served basis