This is the most Comprehensive Hair and Makeup Course from the leading UK Makeup school.
“To Create The Best Professional Makeup Trainee.”
- Designed by our Principal, Oscar & BAFTA winning Hair & Makeup Designer, Christine Blundell
- 4 Month Intensive Film & TV Hair & Makeup course with 480 teaching hours
- Now eligible for ScreenSkills bursary of up to £3,000
- Guaranteed paid onset work experience after graduation
- All Our Tutors are Leading UK Hair, Makeup & SFX Artists & Designers
- Small classes
Download 4 Month course brochure
Our recent graduate Carolina talks about becoming a Trainee Makeup artist on large UK productions via ScreenSkills Trainee Finder scheme
4 Month Hair and Makeup course
Our intensive 4 Month course will give you all the professional media makeup, theatrical, hairdressing & special effects skills you need to become a Makeup trainee, enabling you to pursue a career in Film, TV & Theatre industries. No previous makeup and hairdressing experience is necessary, although some hairdressing skills can often give you an advantage at the beginning. Please click below to view the full 16 week course syllabus.
Our Graduates have worked on…
No time to die
Federica, Jo, Liz, Holly, Patt, Alisa, Karen, Jade
The King’s Man
Oonagh, Alex, Chloe
Guy, Ria, Niall
House Of Gucci
Exciting News! KM Effects Prosthetic Experts Now Teaching @ our 3 week Prosthetics module
The KM Effects Ltd Prosthetics Studio is now in partnership with our Academy and its Expert Prosthetics Artists will be teaching @ our next 4 Month course, starting 5th September 2022! What an amazing training opportunity @ CB*MA, especially if you are passionate about SFX & Prosthetics art!
Just some of Kristyan Mallett’s work
How do I apply
- Please complete the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org, call +44 20 7485 4000 or message us via our Instagram page.
- You will be invited to visit our Academy and have your one to one Studio tour, so you can see the Academy in person and ask us any questions you may have about studying here or about working in the UK Film, TV or Theatre industries.
- In order to have a successful application, you must be at least 18 years old, with good command of English and a recognised student / UK visa, in case you come from a country that requires you to have one. You don’t have to have any makeup or hair experience to be a student on our 4 Month Film & TV hair & makeup course, as we teach everything from scratch
- Included in the price is a professional kit as well as access to our stock of leading brand products such as MAC, Chanel and Illamasqua. All materials at the school are at your disposal, remember: this will be your home for the duration of the course.
- Following a successful interview, a non-refundable deposit of £1,500 is required to secure your place. The remaining balance of £10,780 (excl. VAT) of the course fee must be settled at least 5 weeks before the course commencement date, although there is a possibility also of paying in instalments, more information about that option is on our Funding page .
The full cost of the course is £12,280 this includes VAT and also the deposit of £1,500 that you pay to secure your place.
Help with paying for your course
Please see below list for some of the scholarships and bursaries that may be available to you. For detailed information about Funding options available to you please visit our Funding page.
- ScreenSkills training grant
- BAFTA Scholarship
- CBM Academy Interest Free Payment Plan
- Princess Trust Development Awards
- Credit card loans
- Vegetarian Charity Grants
- Other grants
Modules: 4 Month Hair and Makeup course
Our Principal, Oscar & BAFTA winning Film Hair & Makeup Designer , Christine Blundell , welcomes you to CBM Academy
Start Your Journey
Date: 5th September 2022
Location: Unit E, 3rd Floor, 151 Freston Road, W10 6TH
Please fill in the form opposite to enquire about our 4 Month Hair & Makeup Course. We will reply to your message as soon as we are able.
Join our next Day taster course
Experience what it’s like to study at our Academy @ our next Taster day Sat 1st October
Joining our Taster day is the best way of experiencing what it is like to study at Christine Blundell Makeup Academy, which might help you decide whether you ‘d like to join our 4 Month Film & TV Hair & Makeup course. For more information and to book your place on our next Taster course , please go to our Day Taster course page.
Visit Us For A Studio Tour!
The best way to get to know us is to visit our Academy in person
Let us know which day works best for you & come and experience our family & team spirit!