Funding Options Available to You – CB*MA 4 Month Hair & Makeup Course
Various funding options are available to our prospective students, with the main ones listed below. The full cost of our intensive 4 Month Hair & Makeup course is £12,280 (incl. VAT). Following a successful interview, a non-refundable deposit of £1,500 is required to secure your place. The remaining balance of £10,780 (incl. VAT) of the course fee must be settled at least 5 weeks before the course commencement date.
Included in the price is a professional Hair & Makeup kit as well as access to our stock of leading brand products such as MAC, Chanel and Illamasqua. All materials at the school are at your disposal, remember: this will be your home for the duration of the course. Your will be taught by our Team of leading UK Makeup Designers and Artists during the intensive 4 month training, equivalent to 480 teaching hours.
Listed below are different ways in which we can assist you with funding your course – please contact us if you require more detailed information on any of the options listed below:
- We are proud to announce that our Four Month Hair & Makeup Course is now eligible for BAFTA Scholarship Programme – the scheme is now closed for this year, please click here to find out more (the deadline for applications was 26th May 2021 and the scheme will reopen again in April 2022). You can register your interest on the BAFTA scholarship page – see above link.
- The BAFTA UK scholarship programme is open to British citizens in need of financial assistance to take eligible undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the UK. Each BAFTA Scholar receives between £5,000 to £12,000 towards their annual course fees, as well as mentoring support from a BAFTA member, winner or nominee and free access to BAFTA events around the UK.
- Please note that the number of annual BAFTA Scholarships are very limited, so please don’t be disappointed if your application is unsuccessful. To view other Funding options on offer, please scroll further down this page.
ScreenSkills Training Bursaries for both Established & Beginner Makeup Artists
ScreenSkills now provides training bursaries for both established and beginner Makeup Artists of up to £3,000 towards the cost of all courses that carry Skills Passport quality mark. For more information about the bursaries and your eligibility Click Here
You can apply for a bursary if you can confirm that all the following statements are accurate:
– I am eligible to work in the UK
– I have a UK bank account
– I am 18 years old or above
– I currently work in the UK screen industries or I can demonstrate my intention to work in the UK screen industries
Christine Blundell Makeup Academy is proud to announce that 7 of our Short courses are eligible for the ScreenSkills bursary. They are all our 4 Month course modules so the bursary that a student is awarded for each of these short courses counts towards the overall 4 Month course fee.
- Our 3 week Prosthetics course, starting on 18th October 2021, a unique collaboration between Kristyan Mallett’s KM Effects Studio and our Academy. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Casualty makeup course, starting on 11th October 2021. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Facial hair skills course, starting on 4th October 2021. For more info Click Here
- 4 week Wig dressing & Styling course with Stage makeup, starting on 8th November 2021. For more info Click Here
- 3 week Complete Media Makeup course, starting on 31st August 2021. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Period Makeup course, starting on 6th September 2021. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Afro & Curly hair skills course, starting on 20th September 2021. For more info Click Here
CB*MA is happy to offer you admin assistance with your bursary application if you choose to apply to one of our courses listed above.
You may only apply for up to £3,000 of funding per financial year but you can apply for more than one course. The training course must start at least one day after your application is made – ScreenSkills cannot accept applications for training which has already begun.
Other funding options
In some instances, we will be able to assist you by offering interest free payment plans, with £1,500 deposit fee due prior to the start of the course and the remaining balance of £10,780 divided into 4 monthly instalment payments. Please contact us for further payment plan information.
- click here. Below is a typical example of a Low interest Personal loan monthly repayment instalments, one of the best we could find, from M&S Bank, for £10,000 taken over the period of 7 years (they also offer a 3 month Loan repayment deferral at the beginning): Representative example Borrowing £10,000 over 84 months:- Monthly repayment £131.51
– Total amount payable £11,046.84
– Representative 2.9% APR
– Interest rate of 2.9% p.a. (fixed) Borrowing should always be budgeted for and carefully planned, so you know whether you can afford the repayments, so please be extra careful and always read the small print!
For more information on what is available please
- Credit card loans You can also pay with your credit card – for more information on different credit cards and interest rates visit MoneySavingExpert website by clicking here.
- click here. Prince’s Trust Development Awards can help to cover costs such as: course fees, transport or equipment to help you achieve your plan to get into education, training or employment. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can receive up to £500. For more information
You may also be eligible to receive a training grant, please visit website to find out if you are. Click Here.