Help With Funding Your Course
Funding Options Available to You – CB*MA 4 Month Hair & Makeup Course
Various funding options are available to our prospective students, with the main ones listed below. The full cost of our intensive 4 Month Hair & Makeup course is £12,900 (incl. VAT). Following a successful interview, a non-refundable deposit of £1,500 is required to secure your place. The remaining balance of £11,400 (incl. VAT) of the course fee must be settled at least 5 weeks before the course commencement date.
Included in the price will be your personal professional kit: Kryolan , Maqpro, Louise Young Makeup Brushes, as well as access to our stock of leading brand products . All materials at the school are at your disposal, remember, this will be your home for the duration of the course. Your will be taught by our Team of leading UK Makeup Designers and Artists during the intensive 4 month training, equivalent to 480 teaching hours.
Listed below are different ways in which we can assist you with funding your course – please contact us if you require more detailed information on any of the options listed below:
- We are proud to announce that our Four Month Hair & Makeup Course is now eligible for BAFTA Scholarship Programme – the scheme is now closed for this year, please click here to find out more (the deadline for applications was end of May 2022 and the scheme will reopen again in April 2023). You can register your interest on the BAFTA scholarship page – see above link.
- The BAFTA UK scholarship programme is open to British citizens in need of financial assistance to take eligible undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the UK. Each BAFTA Scholar receives between £5,000 to £12,000 towards their annual course fees, as well as mentoring support from a BAFTA member, winner or nominee and free access to BAFTA events around the UK.
- Please note that the number of annual BAFTA Scholarships are very limited, so please don’t be disappointed if your application is unsuccessful. To view other Funding options on offer, please scroll further down this page.
ScreenSkills Training Bursaries for both Established & Beginner Makeup Artists
ScreenSkills now provides training bursaries for both established and beginner Makeup Artists of up to £3,000 towards the cost of all courses that carry Skills Passport quality mark. For more information about the bursaries and your eligibility Click Here
You can apply for a bursary if you can confirm that all the following statements are accurate:
– I am eligible to work in the UK
– I have a UK bank account
– I am 18 years old or above
– I currently work in the UK screen industries or I can demonstrate my intention to work in the UK screen industries
Christine Blundell Makeup Academy is proud to announce that 7 of our Short courses are eligible for the ScreenSkills bursary. They are all our 4 Month course modules so the bursary that a student is awarded for each of these short courses counts towards the overall 4 Month course fee.
- Our 4 week Special Effects course, with 1 week of Casualty & 3 weeks of Prosthetics, starting on 16th Oct 2023, a unique collaboration between Kristyan Mallett’s KM Effects Studio and our Academy. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Facial hair skills course, starting on 5th Feb 2024. For more info Click Here
- 4 week Wig dressing & Styling course with Stage makeup, starting on 13th November 2023. For more info Click Here
- 3 week Complete Media Makeup course, starting on 2nd Jan 2024. For more info Click Here
- 1 week Textured & Curly Hair Skills Course, starting on 22nd Jan 2024. For more info Click Here
CB*MA is happy to offer you admin assistance with your bursary application if you choose to apply to one of our courses listed above.
You may only apply for up to £3,000 of funding per financial year but you can apply for more than one course. The training course must start at least one day after your application is made – ScreenSkills cannot accept applications for training which has already begun.
The Royal Television Society Bursary Scheme Will Reopen for submissions from 1st March 2023 To 30th June 2023.
The RTS wants the television industry to reflect the exciting, diverse and talented voices of the Britain of today, and that starts by changing the industry from the inside out. The scheme was launched in 2013 by their Royal Patron, the Prince of Wales and you can find more information about it on this link.
Since then it has evolved and expanded considerably, and they are proud to say they have supported over 240 Bursary Scholars to date, with approximately 80% of our graduating cohorts securing employment within the television broadcast industries.
The RTS runs three pioneering schemes – the TV Production and Journalism Bursary, the Digital Innovation Bursary and the Steve Hewlett Scholarship. Bursaries are awarded to talented students from lower-income backgrounds studying an undergraduate degree or HND Level 5 or 6. We will consider candidates studying all subjects: including but not limited to TV Production and Journalism; Humanities and Social Sciences; and STEM related courses. What is important is an evident interest in pursuing a career in television, film or related media industries.
Other funding options
- Low Interest Personal loans For more information on what is available please click here. Below is a typical example of a Low interest Personal loan monthly repayment instalments. There are many on the market. Here is an example of £10,000 taken over the period of 5 years (they also offer a 3 month Loan repayment deferral at the beginning): Representative example Borrowing £10,000 over 60 months:- Monthly repayment £188.20
– Total amount payable £11,292.24
– Representative 5 % APR
– Interest rate of 5 % p.a. (fixed) Borrowing should always be budgeted for and carefully planned, so you know whether you can afford the repayments, so please be extra careful and always read the small print!
- Credit card loansYou can also pay with your credit card – for more information on different credit cards and interest rates visit MoneySavingExpert website by clicking here.
- click here. Prince’s Trust Development Awards can help to cover costs such as: course fees, transport or equipment to help you achieve your plan to get into education, training or employment. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can receive up to £500. For more information
You may also be eligible to receive a training grant, please visit website to find out if you are. Click Here.
- Vegetarian Charity Grants
Vegetarian Charity also offers grants for commited vegetarians or vegans who are under 26 years old, more information is on this. Click Here.