4 week Wigs & Period Wig Dressing Course Tue 3rd May 2021, £3,460
Is there anything more dispiriting whilst watching a movie than a dodgy syrup? (syrup of fig, wig, but you knew that).
It can make or break a film or TV production. Anne Hathaway, Broke back mountain; Halle Berry in X men and any character from Twilight. All the wigs at Christine Blundell Makeup academy are made on a fine lace and have been used on the big productions that she has worked on. This means they are of great quality. A perfect place to start understanding why and what.
- Understand how to measure a head. All the differing ways of prepping the hair under the wig.
- Taking care of wigs (these wigs are very expensive. You will not last long on set, if you damage one).
- Padding, nets and shaping and blow-drying techniques.
- Creating period styles.
- When to use a wig or hair piece.
- The dreaded finger waves!
Since leaving CBMA I have had to style, dress and apply so many wigs, so I am so grateful for how much wig work we learnt on the course. It is so highly requested on Films and TV productions, so it is a great skill to have!
Please complete below form if you would like more information about our 4 month Hair & Makeup course