- Introduction to hairdressing.
- Hair kit and equipment (care and handling).
- Hair theory (hair texture, growth patterns, head shapes, face shapes, lifestyle and suitability, changes in the hair structure when drying).
- Different techniques and shapes
- Terminology and head sheets.
- Demonstration of a one length cut.
- Attempt and complete a one length cut.
- Using Carmen rollers, tongs or straighteners to style hair.
- Demonstration of a long layered hair cut
- Attempt and complete a long layered hair cut.
- Blow drying hair using a round brush, cooling hair down and the use of Velcro rollers.
- Research bob hairstyles for Wednesday.
- Demonstration of a long bob incorporating a fringe
- Attempt and complete a long bob and a fringe
- Create a finished look from research
- Men’s grooming with and without electrical equipment
- Men’s haircut and suitability
- Demonstration of a men’s haircuts
- Client session
- Various demonstrations of cuts and techniques
- Workshop practicing different cuts and styling techniques
Note: the above syllabus is illustrative of a typical module. It may be subject to change at any time.